What is the Mcib?
• Mcib is a research school co-organized by the Spanish Research Council (CSIC) and the International University Menéndez Pelayo (UIMP) to provide advanced training in molecular and cellular life sciences to graduate students in a cutting-edge scientific environment.
• Mcib is a pioneer in-house research training experience at CSIC centers, stem from the Centro de Investigaciones Biológicas (CIB) – the main hub of Mcib - as a collective higher-education action of CSIC scientists, bringing together a wide range of expertise and know-how.
• This training portfolio has recently been fostered by the active participation of scientists from nearby CSIC centers, particularly the Rocasolano Physical Chemistry Institute (IQFR).
• This novel concept will allow the students to be exposed to the scientific activities developed in-house, based on the synergies among research programs on structural, molecular, cellular, chemical and synthetic biology, that apply front-line technologies to study essential
processes and systems with environmental and/or medical relevance. These integrated studies aim at elucidating fundamental principles of biological function and at providing novel tools to improve quality of life.
• Mcib is based on the Max Planck International Research School for Molecular Life Sciences established at the MP campus in Martinsried (https://imprs-ls.opencampus.net/) which has been adapted and scaled to the Spanish research and academic system.
Mcib Program Structure and Timing
• Mcib will run during 3 academic semesters, starting in October until March of the second year. It comprises 90 ECTS credits, organized in 3 academic modules (60 ECTS) and a master research project (30 ECTS). MCIB will adopt an innovative format in which the students will
progress rapidly from intensive course instruction to research in their projects. Most of MCIB activities will be in English.
MATRICULACIÓN CERRADA. ACCESO RESTRINGIDO MEDIANTE CONTRASEÑA.
- Profesor: Jorge Aisa Arenaz
- Profesor: Rosario Benavente Castro
- Profesor: Inmaculada Campoy Felipe
- Profesor: Fernando Catalina
- Profesor: Lucia Costa Rausa
- Profesor: MARIAN GOMEZ-FATOU
- Profesor: REBECA HERNANDEZ
- Profesor: Mar López González
- Profesor: Miguel Lopez Manchado
- Profesor: Angel E Lozano
- Profesor: Antonio Morreale
- Profesor: María Eugenia Muñoz Bergareche
- Profesor: Ernesto Pérez Tabernero
- Profesor: Isabel Quijada Garrido
- Profesor: helmut reinecke
- Profesor: Juan Francisco Vega Borrego
- Profesor: Raquel Verdejo